You may have heard of something called the Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS. As a Lyme patient you may be trying to make sense of all of the posts and articles that either call it a substance that lives up to its “miracle” label or articles that compare it to bleach and is therefore dangerous to ingest. What’s the truth? We did some personal research and answer a few basic questions.

What is it?

MMS (which stands for Miracle Mineral Supplement or Miracle Mineral Solution) is a solution made from 22.4% Sodium Chlorite and distilled water that is mixed with an activator that ultimately become Chlorine Dioxide. Sodium Chlorite is not a natural product but is a manufactured chemical. It has no real viable use by itself but is manufactured solely as a precursor to the generation of Chlorine Dioxide.

Chlorine Dioxide is created when MMS is activated with a weak acid solution. It is a small, volatile molecule, that reacts with other substances by means of oxidation. Depending on the use and how it is formed, it is an FDA and EPA approved pesticide that can be used in food service, municipal water, mold treatment, odor treatment, medical use, mouthwashes, toothpastes, eyecare, and in personal water treatment products, among other applications. It is considered to be a more eco-friendly alternative to many chlorine applications.

Who discovered its use?

The solution was discovered and developed by Jim Humble, a gold miner and metallurgist, on an expedition in the jungles of Central America. When two men in his expedition came down with malaria, Humble — who always carried stabilized oxygen with him to make local water potable — gave high concentrations of it to the stricken men. To everyone’s amazement, they got well within hours. Humble wanted to better understand what had happened, so over several years he researched what made stabilized oxygen so effective in treating malaria cases. He found it wasn’t the oxygen but the trace amounts of chlorine dioxide. Further research led him to discover how to specifically increase the amount of this key ingredient. Because malaria is a parasite much like the Lyme co-infection Babesia, Lyme patients have been using MMS to safely battle it and other co-infections for years.

Is it safe?

If the fact that it can be used as an industrial cleaner or pesticide and that it is not a natural substance throws you, just know that MMS is safe to use in prescribed doses and applications, and there have been no recorded deaths from it … ever. That is much more than you can say about many treatments for Lyme disease, both natural and pharmaceutical.

You may see websites or online posts warning that MMS is bleach and therefore dangerous to ingest. You may have even seen articles trying to connect it with Chlorox bleach, which seems to be intentionally misleading and patently untrue. The ingredients in Clorox bleach are water, sodium hypochlorite, sodium chloride, sodium carbonate, sodium chlorate, sodium hydroxide, and sodium polyacrylate. The ingredients in MMS are Chlorine Dioxide. The two couldn’t be more different yet they both have a chlorine odor. Many chemicals including oxidizers such as Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) can be considered a bleach. For something to be labeled as such it has to have the ability to remove pigment and that is actually something that Chlorine Dioxide does. However, it is NOT the common household Chlorox bleach, which is much more dangerous to ingest and has no internal health benefits.

Chlorine Dioxide is also not the same as Chlorine, the substance currently used in water purification in your home, pool or hot tub. While both kill pathogens well, Chlorine Dioxide does it differently and more efficiently without creating toxic byproducts. Chlorine Dioxide kills pathogens selectively through oxidation, and it does not bind to other compounds like Chlorine does. Further, it goes after dangerous pathogens based on their electrical charge and ignores beneficial gut flora.

How does it work?

Unlike most disinfectants and antibiotics that cannot eradicate resistant super bugs or viruses, Chlorine Dioxide attacks these pathogens at the molecular level and pathogens never become resistant. They are always defenseless against it because it fights them on two fronts… either through oxidation or stopping protein formation, never by poisoning. Through this clean process, Chlorine Dioxide is scientifically known to kill hundreds of bacterias, viruses, molds/funguses/yeasts, protozoa, biofilms, intestinal parasites and spores.

How is it best used?

Once you create the MMS solution by adding drops of activator to the Sodium Chlorite, you can use it accordingly. (NOTE, WHEN A PROTOCOL PRESCRIBES 3 DROPS OF ACTIVATED MMS, THAT MEANS 3 DROPS OF ACTIVATOR + 3 DROPS OF SODIUM CHLORITE SOLUTION = 3 DROPS OF MMS). Keep in mind that we are not giving ANY medical advice and are not advising anyone to ingest high doses of MMS solution. The information below is to inform and to provide research for those interested in experimentation with data provided by the official MMS website:

  • Ingesting it: The basic MMS protocol is called PROTOCOL 1000 which entails taking 3 drops of activated MMS each hour in a glass of water, for 8 hours a day, for 3 weeks. The official MMS website recommends Lyme patients take PROTOCOL 2000, which entails taking as many drops of activated MMS every hour as long as one can tolerate it without becoming any sicker, or feeling worse, or developing diarrhea. According to the website: “It has to be done for 10 hours a day, for three weeks or until well. It is best to start off with only one drop an hour and quickly build up to as many drops as you can take.”
  • Inhalation Therapy: The official website recommends adding 2 drops of activator to 2 drops of solution to create 2 drops of MMS and inhale gently to eradicate colds, upper respiratory infections, etc. Note that it is not recommended to inhale drop doses higher than this because you could damage your lungs.
  • Bath Therapy: According to the official website, the BATH PROTOCOL is good for rashes, cold sores, dermatitis, eczema or even skin cancer to include melanoma. You do it by placing 30 drops of MMS in a cup and adding it to your bath water. Plan for a 20 to 30-minute tub soak. If you have open skin sores or severe body wounds, consider reducing the MMS to 20 drops.
  • Enema Therapy: According to the official website, the ENEMA PROTOCOL might be as effective as intravenous infusions since both methods deliver MMS directly into the plasma of the blood as well as the red blood cells. Enemas will also deliver MMS directly to the rectum and colon, therefore killing all bacteria, yeast, parasites and infections. They recommend starting out with 10 drops of MMS per 8 ounces of water and trying to keep the MMS in place for a few minutes and allow the colon walls to absorb the entire amount.
  • Spray Bottle Therapy: According to the official website, MMS is beneficial in SKIN CARE THERAPY for healing sores, burns, wounds, psoriasis, eczema, skin cancer, ringworm, acne, rashes, staph infections, athlete’s foot, and a hundred other problems of the skin. For the best skin application, it is recommended you purchase a 2-oz. glass bottle sprayer at your local drug store. Put 20 drops of activated MMS in the bottle, wait 3 minutes and then fill the bottle with water. This solution will stay fresh and activated for about 3 days. Simply spray a mist of the solution on places on your body you wish to heal.
  • Deep Dermal Therapy: According to the official site, MMS with the addition of DMSO can go beyond the skin layers and attack tumors and deep joint infections with PROTOCOL 3000.

As with any Lyme treatment you attempt, it is important to start slow and easy and be careful not to make yourself feel worse. Even though MMS does not create toxins itself, the act of disrupting pathogens can create toxins and cytokines (substances that cause inflammation), and the rise of these substances can cause a herxheimer reaction. Starting with one drop at a time in slow, incremental doses will help you discover your tolerance level which will allow you to stay on treatment without having to discontinue because of herxes. Also, if you do experience a crash, there are several toxin binders that can help you eliminate toxins more quickly.

The above material is provided for informational purposes only. The material is not nor should be considered a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

MMS Guide for Lymies

3 thoughts on “MMS Guide for Lymies

  • March 5, 2024 at 9:22 am

    This is the best over all MMS article I’ve read and I’ve read a lot. Thank you! MMS is truly a miracle. Great for vaccine detox!

  • March 12, 2024 at 12:18 pm

    HI , thank you for the article I’m just a little confused I guess. Is the activator the water?
    My understanding the sodium chloride and water mixed in the right proportions makes the MMS and then you consume it and with your stomach acid makes it work.
    Please help me with the understanding thank you very much. Ty Wootton

    • March 12, 2024 at 12:30 pm

      Hi William —
      The way you create MMS or Chlorine Dioxide is you start with a portion/drop of sodium chlorite (not sodium chloride which is table salt). One drop of sodium chlorite added to a drop of a mild acid like citric acid or HCL (hydrochloric acid) will almost instantly create the Chlorine Dioxide solution. Using water and stomach acid to create the solution will not work. You can find MMS kits that sell both components (i.e. sodium chlorite and one form of the acid activator). Does this help/make sense?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *